Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Geckos!


Hey, this is a picture of one of our unofficial roommates. Cute, huh? These bright green Geckos are not shy...they are ALL over the place here in Kona. ***** We've been getting rained on these past couple of days, but it's a great week so far; there have been lots of meetings. We heard from Darlene Cunningham, co-founder of YWAM (and wife of Loren Cunningham, the man with the vision to start YWAM). She is so encouraging, funny, and enthusiastic. It was fun to hear her story. I think Loren is supposed to speak to us later this week. ***** We've been covering a lot of the "business" aspects so far, making sure everyone is on the same page. One of the things everyone does here is a specific "work duty." For most people, work duty time is Monday through Friday from 3 to 5 in the afternoon. Some people work in the kitchen, some people do gardening, others are on housekeeping, etc... So today I got trained for my work duty. My duty is hospitality, which I am REALLY excited about. I'll have to write about it more next time. It's going to be so great though. And from what they've said about it, I think it's a good fit for me. ***** So, I just got back from a sushi place where I ventured with a few new friends. I am not a sushi fan, but I gave it another try and it was pretty good. It had chicken in it, instead of fish, so that was more my style. Also, I dug in and used my hands, since I'm no good with chop sticks. We had a great time, and I am getting to know new people everyday so that makes everything more enjoyable. Love you guys, and feel free to give me a call sometime. I don't always have my phone on, but I love hearing from all of you!
*j

No comments: