Sunday, October 01, 2006

Sunday in Kona




It's Sunday in Kona, and everyone is very relaxed. There is definitely a different pace of life here on the island. The first picture is the view from the church we went to this morning. Carla, my new Costa Rican friend, is in the other picture with me. The church is called Living Stones and was really tiny. The building is over 100 years old! It was really neat. I liked the service, but I think I will try a couple other churches before I decide where I want to go. Oh, one cool thing about this church was afterwards they had an "Aloha Table" where people from the church brought fresh fruit and we could take whatever we wanted. There were bananas on the table today, but they were bright green so I wasn't sure if I'd like them. Does that mean they aren't ripe yet? Hmmm... Anyhow, the church is only a couple miles away from the school but we were able to get a ride in a Shuttle, which made things a lot easier. I hope everyone is doing well, and I will do my best to keep you all updated. Love you! *j

No comments: