Sunday, November 26, 2006

Earthquakes, Turkey, and the Beach!


Aloha! Well, this Thanksgiving was far from typical. My dad, brother, and sister were able to come out to Kona to celebrate Thanksgiving with me, and it was an eventful day to say the least. In the morning, as we were getting ready to head over to campus (from the hotel where they were staying), we felt a couple small earthquakes. So crazy! It was a small reminder of what happened a little over a month ago, when Kona felt a huge earthquake here. This was not nearly as bad. But I can't help but wonder if I should expect more quakes during my time here...
After getting over to the U of N for brunch, we headed to Children's beach for a little bit. Man, we had such awesome weather! It was in the 80's and very sunny. Anyhow, later in the day we all had Thanksgiving dinner with everyone from my school. Josh, Angie, and Dad joined us. It was such a fun day! And we even had a big dessert with the entire campus later that evening. It was a really fantastic day. Although, it didn't quite feel like Thanksgiving. I wish I could have shared this special Holiday with all of you...

No comments: