Monday, October 01, 2007

Just a glimpse

Hey loyal readers of the jenni blog...
It is still kind of a secret that I've been updating this, so I'm really not sure who is looking. But I felt like writing a little something tonight, just to give you a tiny glimpse of what is going on at the YWAM Kona base. It is so exciting to be here as the quarter unfolds. The students all arrived last Thursday. They are from all over the world! Right now I am on staff with a DTS called "Community Transformations." There are 4 other DTS focuses going on at the same time, with their own groups of staff and students...but I'll admit that I am totally biased in thinking that ours is particularly special. Join me in praying that this group of staff and students will be marked by unity and humility. I am really looking forward to the things God wants to do in us and through us, and I am already seeing Him at work in my own heart.
Just so you know, my life in Hawaii isn't quite as glamorous as some of you may think (although there are spectacular benefits to living here!). Let it be known that I share a small room on campus with five other girls. Yes, that makes six of us in a room that I'd guess is about 12 ft. X 20 ft. Yikes-a-wee-wa. That sure is snug. But we are one happy ohana (that's the Hawaiian word for family). Their names are Jo (short for Joanna, she's from England), HaeJin, Anna (both from Korea), Myssi and Kelsey (both from the US). I definitely miss Lora Drive right about now, but this place is also really special...just in different ways.
Well, I could really keep writing for hours but I need to get to bed.
Blessings to you all!
Love,
j

No comments: